How to automatically set subtasks to have the same team as the parent issue?

Paul Treadwell July 8, 2021

We have our team boards driven by the 'team assigned to' field.

Currently when anyone creates a subtask it does not show on the active sprint board until the 'team assigned to' field is set to the correct value.

I would prefer not to allow subtasks to have a different 'team assigned to' value than the parent. But happy if I can just automate it so that subtasks will always have the same 'team assigned to' value as the parent when created or the parent 'team assigned to' value is changed.

I have tried with this rule, but I'm obviously misunderstanding how the rule works.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 121356.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

@Paul Treadwell 

I think you must add a Branch rule between "If:Sub-tasks present" and  the edit.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 13.46.28.png

regards, Marco

thanks for the quick response Marco

Now looks like this, but doesnt appear to work.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 144911.png

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Hello @Paul Treadwell ,

in Edit issue fields, you need to Copy from parent, not from Current issue.

I also do not think "If: Sub-tasks present" needs to be used in this case.

Adam

Like # people like this

Thanks will try it.

Do you think this will work when creating new sub tasks? So it will automatically take the 'team assigned to' of the parent issue?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Paul Treadwell 

No, you would need a second rule, triggered on issue create and checking for an issue type of sub-task to automatically synch the child to the parent for that case.

Best regards,
Bill

Paul Treadwell July 9, 2021

ok thanks will create that as well

thanks all

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL