How to automatically set issue Resolution to "solved" based on workflow status?

Giovanna Cóppola May 13, 2014

Hello,

I'm not very familiar with the Resolution field yet, so I'm wondering if there's a way to automatically set issue Resolution to "solved" based on my workflow status.

When my workflow status is set to "TAREFA CANCELADA" or "TAREFA CONCLUÍDA", the Resolution will be Solved, automatically.

This is my workflow:

Workflow

What would be the correct approach?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Hi Giovanna,

Updating issue field values is best done by adding post functions to transitions that lead to those statusses. In your case do the following:

1) Add a post function 'Update Issue Field' to the 'Cancelar tarefa' transition and set the resolution field to wathever you want

2) Add a post function 'Update Issue Field' to the 'Concluir' transition and set the resolution field to wathever you want

Hope this helps?!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2014

You also want to "clear resolution" on both "Reabrir caso" transitions, but it's the same principle and function as setting the value in Benji's answer

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

That's correct Nic :-)

Thank you, everyone, that's exactly what I need. How do I add a post function?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2014

Edit the workflow, and click on the arrow that represents the transitions, it will offer you list of options, including post-functions.

Never thought it would be so easy. Thank you very much for your support!

Suggest an answer