How to automate workflow status in multiple project?

Colton Carnevale January 24, 2022

Currently, I have 1 project set up for managing my software team (called SP) where I input bugs and other issue types, but I have a support staff that does bug triage as well. I do not want them to directly edit the software project so they do not uncontrollably add issues that might not actually be bugs, so I've set up a new project for bug tracking (called BT).

I have already created global automation that clones a bug in BT to SP when I change the workflow status in BT to "Accepted". Now I want SP to update the workflow of the bug in BT as the linked issue in SP is transitioned in the sprint from To Do, to In Progress, to In Review, to Done, so the support staff can see what is actively being worked on. 

Connecting the original issue in BT to move in response to changes in the cloned issue's workflow status in SP is what I am having issues with. Would this be a new rule, or would it be still part of the original global rule I've created?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

As part of your rule that creates the cloned issue you should also add a link between the two issues. You can then use that link and update the issue in BT when changes happen in SP.

Suggest an answer