How to automate the the creation of various project, issues and users

sanchay.gupta December 17, 2019

Need to create multiple projects with issues, users for integration testing of the jira environment

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Hi,

Welcome to the community.

You can use the rest API to create some custom code to create various project and issues.

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.6.0/#api/2/project-createProject

Hope this helps

Are there any third-party apps that can automate the rest calling for me based on some configuration file I give. Cause I want to rapidly test it with different sizes of project issues, user, permission, etc.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

I'm not sure, but you can try scriptrunner.

Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Scriptrunner

Out of the box you can copy an existing project (including issues & boards) with scriptrunner.

copy-project.png

If you want to set up customized test-projects and issues however, you will need to script it yourself. 

That might take a bit, depending on what your needs are and how fast you get along with scirpting.

0 votes

Are there any third-party apps that can automate the rest calling for me based on some configuration file I give. Cause I want to rapidly test it with different sizes of project issues, user, permission, etc.

Suggest an answer