How to automate task creation under an epic using scriptrunner, when a custom field is updated ?

Hema June 15, 2021

The scenario I'm trying to achieve is as given below : 

Step 1 : Create epic.

Step 2 : using the multi-select custom field "task creator", select the applicable values [can be Backend, andriod, web, QA, etc].

Step 3 : Tasks for the values selected/checked must get created under the epic.

Note 1 : The value selected might be of different project than that of the epic. Ex : Epic might be of Development project, task might be of backend project.

Note 2 : The above mentioned scenario is to be acheived using script runner for JIRA cloud.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

I think that this would be easier to accomplish using Automation for Jira. That said, it should be pretty straightforward. 

You can find example code for creating a sub-task here: Example Custom Scripts (adaptavist.com)

All you need to do is to start by getting the value of the "task creator" field and then loop through the create sub-task code for each selected value. 

I can't provide the code for you since this is a service that we provide to our clients. If you have groovy and REST experience, you should be able to figure it out from the example.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events