How to associate template with project/issue type?

Nitzan Matzkevich March 24, 2021

I created a template to be used with bug logging. Basically, it's just text in the description field, to ensure all required information is included in the description. I created it under a specific project.

However when I try to log a bug, I only see one older template as an option. I don't see my new template. I re-indexed all projects, and it's been a few hours since I created the template.

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Nitzan Matzkevich

there are several approaches out there to define a "template" - I am wondering if you use an App because "Create Template" is nothing I would recall from my mind being available in Jira Server.

In case it is unsure if an App is involved could you maybe provide a screenshot?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Daniel

Nitzan Matzkevich April 5, 2021

We're not using an app but this is hosted, not cloud service. You can see the Templates option on the left, under the Project settings, all the way on the bottom. See image below.

It was pointed out to me that somehow our editor was changed, so the project scheme is not recognizing the template under the new editor. So unfortunately I don't think the community can help in this case. 

Thank you all for the replies.

Picture1.png

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

@Nitzan Matzkevich,

You are mentioning that you are not using any app, but on the screenshot I see "Jeditor" which points ti an app

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210768/jeditor-rich-text-editor-for-jira

That is why we were trying to figure out what you mean by "template" and how you want to associate it..

Now it is pretty clear that it is not OOTB thinking.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Nitzan Matzkevich ,

How did you predefined the values in the description field?

Nitzan Matzkevich March 24, 2021

I use simple text.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

Yes, but in the Field configuration scheme? In other words .. Are you sure that a different description is not also set on the custom field level? 

Nitzan Matzkevich March 26, 2021

I didn't change any definition. I didn't use a custom field. I used the HTML field that shows when I click on Create Template. 

I can see the template under the templates list in the project, but I don't see it on the template list when I create a ticket.

Suggest an answer