How to assigne an issue to user using scriptrunner

taher shili May 15, 2017

how can I assigne an issue to a specific user using add-on scriptrunner ?

i want to assigne an issue to user IN Database or on an custom field 

thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2017

It depends a little on which kind of script you want to do it in (Post function, behaviour, etc.), but it should be as simple as

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def userManager = ComponentAccessor.userManager
def someUser = userManager.getUserByKey("someone")
issue.assignee = someUser

to get a specific user from the DB. If you want to get the user from a user-picker custom field, you'd do something like

def cf = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("My User Picker")
def someUser = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)
issue.assignee = someUser

Again, if you can provide some detail about when you want the custom field to be set (i.e. as part of a workflow, or automatically on the issue's create/edit screen), I could provide some more specific guidance.

taher shili May 16, 2017

I want to assign a issue to a user from the database so that it validates or rejects it using the add on scriptrunner it is possible? If yes . how can i do it and thanks

Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2017

I'm afraid I still don't quite understand.

Do you mean you want this done as part of a workflow transition? If so, you probably want to use a workflow function, most likely a validator.

Perhaps it would help if you described in detail the behaviour you want from JIRA?

taher shili May 16, 2017

I want to do a similar workflow:
Create issue ==> approved by manager ===> apporved by manager ===> assigned ===> in progress => resolved
I am acctually blocking the assignment of the issue to the manager so that he validates and then do the same with the manager.
NB: I have a table on my DB with the name od manager and manager

taher shili May 17, 2017

Really i do not understand you:
I do not know where to put the code I am beginner thank you to provide me even the simple details.

Thank you

taher shili May 17, 2017

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

def cf = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("supp")
def someUser = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)
issue.description = someUser
issue.setAssignee(someUser)

Suggest an answer