In one of my instance, i am using Jira Software on Cloud (latest version). Though i have created project template with Kanban board which i would like others to use while creating new projects (going to Create with shared configuration). But every time when I am creating new project with shared configuration and using the template project, the Kanban board does not show in the newly created project. Though the same board is showing when looking at the template project. What i am trying to achieve is to use the same board when someone create a new project with shared configuration.
You cannot do this in JIRA by default. The copying project configuration functionality does not copy boards with it. The best that I could recommend would be to do the following:
1) Create project with shared configuration as you have been.
2) Navigate to the board that you would like have in your new project.
3) Copy board.
4) Edit the filter query to point from the old project to the new project. You will want to click "Save as" when saving to make sure you are creating a new filter instead of modifying the old one.
5) Share filter with appropriate people/project
6) Set new board to use the new filter.
There is some detail that I could go into with the steps for board copying and modification, but I think you get the general idea.
It doesn't appear that you can create copies of your personal boards. If you want to have a "personal board" that you can use as a template, I would create a board based on a filter, but not share it with anyone. When you create the copy of the board, you can then choose to share the new filter with users.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot