How to assign review tasks from a jira ticket

L. Schimmel August 19, 2015

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on linking a crucible server to our running JIRA instance.

What already works is:

• When I make a comment/Finding in Crucible, I can create a JIRA issue for that specific finding.
  • When doing a commit in SVN and I mention an existing JIRA issue key in that message, the following reviews get linked to that JIRA issue.

But I am looking for a way to create reviews right from a JIRA ticket.

At the moment I would have to create a ticket calles "reviews of revision x" then make a commit message mentioning that ticket and then start the review.

Is there a way where I start with the ticket?

1 answer

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

You cando it directly from JIRA by visiting the development panel (or commits tab if you are on older JIRA version).

If you have mentioned a JIRA issue key while committing, then you should see the development tools panel and create crucible reviews straight from there.

Here is the link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/using-crucible/creating-a-review/creating-a-review-from-JIRA

Pilar

L. Schimmel August 19, 2015

Thanks for your answer. That would work, but it still means that I have to create the Jira issue first, then make the commit and then go back to jira to start the review. So there is no workaround for that?

Suggest an answer