How to assign issue to the lead developer or to the assignee chosen on transition screen?

Václav Nedvěd October 8, 2012

Hi,

It seems like pretty easy and common thing, but I didn't find any solution how to do that. So, here it is:

When user creates an issue, we want to assign this issue to the component leader (there are more of them). Assign to lead developer post function is perfect for this, but we need a little bit more. If user selects an assignee on the transition screen, we want to assign this issue to the selected assignee instead of lead developer.

Is there any solution how to do that?

Thank you very much

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Bissell April 26, 2017

You want to use project automation . It can automatically do must things useing SQL 

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2012

Hello Vàclav,

You just need to create a screen, add the assignee field to it and then associate this newly created screen with a transition on your workflow. You don't need to set any post-functions to achieve this. :)

Cheers,

Arthur Gonçalves

Václav Nedvěd October 9, 2012

Hello Arthur,

I wish it was that easy. :)

I have screen with assignee field associated with a transition yet. Problem is that I want assign issue to the lead developer (atomatically, without manual selection) if there isn't an assignee selected on transition screen.

So, like this:

if (assignee is not selected on transition screen) {
  assign to lead developer;
}
else {
  assign to the assignee selected on transition screen;
}

I think it's impossible with standard workflow tools, transition screens, post functions, .... But I think many people would like to use it as I do, so, it can't be so impossible. :)

Suggest an answer