How to assign a different permission schema to Product Discovery Project?

erenturkm April 11, 2023

Hi,

I created a Product Discovery (Beta) project, I need to give project administrator level permission to a group without giving org level admin. Here is what I did:

1) Created a new group for administering the project. 

2) Created a new permission schema and provided necessary permissions (under other permissions/Discovery *) to the group I created above.

However I count not find a way to assign this schema to the discovery project. Community answers point to administrators/Projects under project settings/permissions selecting action/Use a different schema. There is no permissions under project settings for discovery project.

2 answers

1 vote
Randy Raitz December 21, 2023

slack integration error.pngSimilar to erenturkm's issue above where he was trying to get to the permission schemes for a product discovery project, I'm trying to setup a slack integration to test product discovery internally. I now understand that its a team managed project, but when confronted with the error, I'm instructed to manage the scheme. Any suggestions? Is the slack integration not available for the free edition of Product Discovery projects?

Max Levine January 25, 2024

I am seeing the exact same issue. Did you manage to resolve this?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

My best guess is that you are looking at a team-managed project, which are not configured via schemes, their configuration is local to them.

I'm not sure Jira Product Discovery has company-managed projects yet.

erenturkm April 11, 2023

1) I know about team-managed/company managed projects but was not asked to select during project creation and its not displayed in lower left corner of side bar. Is there a way to check this?

2) I only need to give the highest level permission to a group for this project only. How can I do this as local configuration?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

No, you don't need to, JPD does not have Company managed projects yet.

You need to manage the permissions in TMPs by working in the role settings.

Suggest an answer