How to assign CurrentUser to customfield in JIRA Automation Plugin?

Hi,

i would like to write a rule which will be set customfield to value of "CurrentUser" after IssueCommented Event. (something like this -> customfield_10604=CurrentUser)

How can i make this because this return an error?

Best Regard, Jakub

5 answers

How about using $authcontext.loggedInUser.name ? Won't that work? It should expand all things in standard velocity context, see https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-architecture/web-fragments/velocity-contexts

You can write post function, after issue commented  you have to set customfield value to current user, you may look customfield and usermanager classes.

Hi, thanks for your response.

but what about "Work Logged on Issue" event? I would like to create rule in JIRA Automation Plugin when somebody "Work Log on Issue" and then rule will set customfield to value="CurrentUser".

I won`t using postfunction in workflows.

Hi Matej,

thanks for your response.

It doesn`t work.

Is it even possible to set dynamic variable in JIRA Automation Plugin rule?

jira.JPG

You're right, I've checked the code and it doesn't provide the full Velocity context, only very limited subset - issue info (like key, summary etc) and customfield values. Due to that it's currently not possible however with a little bit of coding skills you can extend the EditIssueAction and implement this.

Ok I understand. Thank you for your help.

Hi MateJ,

We think it'd be useful if the ability to set the the currentUser() or the event author to a custom field is supported. Is it something going to be supported in the near future? 

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,329 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot