How to apply JQL Validator in cloud?

Kartik Pant May 3, 2022

"JQL Validator -  This validator enables to check the amount of issues of the JQl Result"

I couldn't find the above validator on Jira Cloud. Is there any way I can apply the validator in cloud?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2022

Hi @Kartik Pant

To the best of my knowledge, there is no good way to achieve this. With Jira Cloud, you are limited to what Jira Expressions can do – which is a lot, but not JQL.

Now, what could you try if you absolutely had to come up with something? You could use Jira Automation to update a specific issue with the result of your JQL whenever something according to your JQL is updated. You could then load the result from that specific issue in your validator like this:

// Assuming the issue is PRJ-01 and you store your JQL result in customfield_10123
new Issue('PRJ-01').customfield_10123

I don't I would recommend this approach, because it's a bit brittle with that hardcoded issue key. But it certainly should work, if you really need it.

Hope that helps,
 Oliver

Suggest an answer