It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to application link Atlassian products via oauth Edited

Hello. I am very new to Atlassian products so I am looking for a little help here.

Details:

• Jira and Confluence Servers
    • Jira v7.9.2
    • Confluence v6.9.0

Purpose:

• Detailed instructions on how to set up an application link using oauth between Jira and Confluence - beginning to end

It seems that whenever I search how to exactly set up the application links I can complete nearly all of the tasks, but when it comes down to the key's I cannot find any completion details or instructions. I always find bits and peaces, but nothing definitive to complete the application link task.

Google searching tells me that when I get to the consumer and public/private key part I generate key's using openssl, but once I have them where do I place the keys? This is the part I don't know what to do and I need some elaborate instructions on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

If anyone is curious about this:

1. Import the Jira cert to the Confluence cacerts, and vise versa
  2. Browse to your local Jira server after both certs are imported: Cogwheel > applications > application links
  3. Create new link and go through the app link wizard
0 votes
Alexis Robert Community Leader Nov 16, 2019

Hi @Andrew Gorman , 

is it a requirement to have SSL between your aplications links ? If it isn't, you can follow this documentation to setup a simple connector to bypass your proxy and make a direct link between your applications : https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-bypass-a-reverse-proxy-or-ssl-in-application-links-719095724.html

This way you won't need a complex configuration for your links.

Let me know if this works, 

--Alexis

@Alexis Robert 
So I add the following to the server.xml:

In Confluence to listen for Jira:

<Connector port="8080" connectionTimeout="20000" maxThreads="200" minSpareThreads="10" enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" URIEncoding="UTF-8" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`&quot;&lt;&gt;"/>

In Jira to listen for Confluence:

<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" maxThreads="200" minSpareThreads="10" enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" URIEncoding="UTF-8" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`&quot;&lt;&gt;"/>

To add, All of the Atlassian internal products are SSL

Another issue is no outgoing authentication.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you