I need to allow additional transitions if an issue is marked to be Found By Customer=true. Essentially, we need additional rigor and status transitions to be displayed and followed when the issue is found by the customer in the field. We do not want to create another issue type as most of the fields and process is the same.
In house issue:
A -> B -> C -> D
A -> B -> X -> C-> Y-> D
I have not tried this but suggesting you do so to see if it can work. I think it should but needs to be validated.
Create one workflow but place Conditions onto the necessary transitions as shown by the dotted lines below. The conditions will be based upon the value of the custom field value.
You need an additional add-on if you want to achieve this without adding another workflow to your project. If you are using Jire Suite Utilities, you can use this condition to restrict transitions based on a custom field:
Value Field (JSU) : Allows to execute a transition if the given value of a field is equal to a constant value, or simply set. You need to create the second workflow you mentioned:
A -> B -> X -> C-> Y-> D
You need to allow transition from B to X if the field value is set to what you want and allow transition from B to C if it the value is not set. Also the same applies for C to Y and C to D. This should work.
Hope this helps.
Hi @SHANTANU SARDESAI if you have a script runner add-on you can use JQL query Condition .
if you want to display the transition based on field value you can do by applying the scripted condition in that choose Jql query condition
Example : Custom Field = xyz
if you aplly this JQL query condition on the transition it will show when the Issue custom field have that Givenn value or else it will Hide
Hope it Helps,
Hi @SHANTANU SARDESAI I came across this as I was searching for a solution to a very similar need I have. This is what you can:
1. Create all the statuses and add them to your existing workflow.
2. Once the statuses are added, open the workflow in an edit via a Diagram view (this will help you to easily locate the ones you need to adjust)
3. In your specific case, you'll need to enable transitions to statuses X and Y only if `a field = Value`, then do the following -->
- Click on status X -- Conditions -- Add a condition -- Value Field (the last) -- locate the field -- Condition would be = --> Value - type in the value from the field -- comparison type: select String for text or Number for numbers -- Ad
- Do the same for the status Y
What this will do is basically show the statuses X and Y as available based on the field (in your case Found By Customer=true).
It will hide/not show those statuses if a value other then true is present in that field.
Let me know if this helps!
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event