How to allow all users ips to access jira server

marouane baini October 24, 2017

Hello,
I'm the admin of the jira server and I'm facing a problem that each member of my team need to connect to jira server from his home to create or modify new tickets.
What i need to know is how to add ip adresse of each one to be able to connect to jira server.
Thank you for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

It's not clear what is blocking you from accessing your Jira.

If it's behind a corporate firewall, then a VPN, as described by Tayyab is a very good option.  But there may be other reasons.  Have you exposed it to the internet?  Have you firewalled it off and are thinking about whitelisting a handful of ip addresses access (don't do this, it's a doddle to spoof ip addresses - use the VPN option instead).  Is it some other reason you can't get to it?

marouane baini October 25, 2017

Thank you for your response,
it's not a matter of firewall, because all th rules are accepted.
For now jira accept only users that connect from company machine(company ip adress).
When for example i need to connect using my phone, even the login page didn't appear.
That's what i'm talking about it's just to have the login page when using a mobile phone or an external machine to be able to connect to jira service.
I hope you understand me Now.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

>For now jira accept only users that connect from company machine(company ip adress).

Ok, that's a matter for your network people.  Jira is firewalled (or possibly routed) away from the internet, so only systems inside your network can get to it.

Either your network team needs to change the firewalls and routing to allow access over the internet, or you need to get them to set up a VPN (which makes your incoming connection look like it is from inside your network), as Tayyab said.

marouane baini November 6, 2017

Thank you for your response i will try to chack the firewall routing. 

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

Hi,
You'd need to install a VPN Client at your team member's home laptops/machines. 

Your office network is connected to a router which has IP address, username, password, and organization details in it. 

Once VPN Client is installed on your local home machines, you would have to provide the same IP Address, username, password, and organisation details on your VPN client. 

Once this is synced, a Virtual tunnel would be created where someone sitting at home would act as if they are at your office and they could access JIRA and other restricted IPs within your office. 
The DNS resolutions are done automatically so you don't need to worry about that.

Just install VPN Client on your machine and ask an IT person whats the IP, username, pass, organisation name to fill in it. 
You're good to go.

marouane baini October 25, 2017

Thank you for your response,
Can you please see my reply to Nic Brough where i explain more .
Thank you very much

Suggest an answer