How to adjust existing filters

Nick Blokker April 28, 2023

Hiya,

For various localization projects we use the Language field to specify which languages need assistance. This all works great, but I would like to remove some of the language options within a specific Jira project.

I think these are tied to the languages supported within our Jira server itself, and I don't want to remove the options from all projects. Is it possible to manually enable/disable which language options are available from the Language field?

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Nick Blokker 

Language is not a system field. So this data would be part of a custom field. You would need to partner with your admin and have them modify and create different field contexts to have different options show: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-custom-field-contexts-1047552717.html

Best,
Clark

Nick Blokker April 29, 2023

That's good to know, assumed it was a default field as it was in use in so many projects here. Will have a chat and see what we can do. Thanks!

Suggest an answer