• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add watchers to issue in Mac App version

Searching for "watch" under Help menu only returns "Stop Watching". Elipsis in upper right doesn't have any watching related actions as an option other than "Stop watching". Looked everywhere else in the UI too.

How do I add a watcher to an issue in the Jira Mac app?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt Community Leader Dec 23, 2019

Can you do it from a standard browser? You need the manage watcher permission to add other users to the watchlist. 

I can do it in a browser...

This seems like a work around for now. Even the modal to edit a comment has a warning that editing is not working and offers a web link to edit comments.

I will say that having to hop back and fourth between a native app and a browser is a pretty bad user experience and not one I am willing to live with. Seems like with each release I keep getting a smaller and smaller feature set. On prem > Cloud > Next Gen > Mac app. I realize that decisions we've made along the way have a major impact on the situation. But it's frustrating when simple tasks like editing a comment or adding a watcher require a completely different UI.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you