How to add value from another field into a label field based on a trigger?

Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2019

I would like to pass a select field value to the label field whenever the select field value is changed. To use jira project automation

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2019

Resolution

Using project automation:

1. <When value changes> for customfield_10553
  2. <Then: edit issue field>. Leave the choose field option empty and use the advanced function:
{
"update": {
"labels": [
{
"add": "{{issue.customfield_10553.value.remove(" -").replace(" ","_")}}"
}]
}
}
Adam Ziecik April 21, 2023

@Azfar Masut - I am trying to set up a rule that will copy a label from a custom field (label type) to Jira Labels field without removing excising labels in that field. I have no problems with this part. However, I then want to have a rule that will also remove the Label copied from the custom field, if it is removed by a user. i.e. if user removes the label from the custom field then the label should be removed from the Labels Jira field.

Would you know how to solve this?

Suggest an answer