How to add up story points for stories that are closed with a gadget to show velocity?

paul May 3, 2024

Hello,

I am using Jira Azure v9.4.14.  Is there a gadget where you can add up story points for stories that are closed over a period of time?  This shows velocity.  Are there any charts that can do this?  Can you do this with Jira Query?

Story Points Totals from Closed Stories

Sprint 1 (2weeks)

Sprint 2 (2weeks)

Sprint 3 (2weeks)

Team A

Team B

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2024

Hi @paul,

Jira does not offer a velocity gadget; it just offer a Velocity report.

But you could try the Team Velocity gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app. 

Team Velocity Gadget.png

It offers many metrics, can count sub-task and works any type of estimates. 

See more about this gadget (and many others offered by the same app) in these articles:

You could try with a 1-month free trial

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut.

5 votes
Broken Build
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Hi @paul

Indeed, Jira does not come with a Velocity Chart gadget out of the box, but the Agile Velocity Chart Gadget app solves this.

image.png

The set of gadgets in Agile Velocity Chart Gadget app supports single and cross-team setup:

1. add gadget to dashboard
  2. select your scrum board in the configuration
  3. get results

In case of any questions, please support@brokenbuild.net

Broken Build team

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Deepika Narang 

If you would be interested in a mktplace app, pls do take a look at 
Sprint Velocity & Status Gadgets 

The app comes with couple of gadgets to  to track team member's velocity based on story points in a sprint  and also track sprint status with multiple parameters.

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Resource Velocity Chart.png

Suggest an answer