How to add post function in JIRA workflow.

ly kimsour
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

When I check how to map status and resolution in JIRA, the answer always shows that we need to add the post function in the JIRA transition workflow. 

After I follow the instructions, I can see that I can edit the workflow, but I can't see the "add post function" anywhere when I create the transition. 

Am I missing some permission or is there any other way to add the post function to map between status and resolution

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hi Ly - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Let's start with what type of project you are using. Is it Team-managed? Company-managed? (you will find the answer in the bottom left of your screen while on a board).  Is it Jira Work Management? Or Jira Software? You will find that in the top left of the screen. 

ly kimsour
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 5, 2024
  1. It is Team-Managed.
  2. I am using Jira Cloud.
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Very good - thanks for the info. 

Team-managed projects refer to them as Rules. Most of the time people are talking about Post Functions it is about setting the Resolution when an Issue moves to Done. In Team-managed projects this happens natively in the app - no need to add it. 

But in general Rules would be equivalent to not just Post Functions but also Conditions and Validators. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events