How to add or remove link from the header

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

How can i add or modify or remove link in the header near the logged in name

from the pop up that shows:

Online Helo

Keyboard Shortcuc

About Jira

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

Have you tried this?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Fragments#WebFragments-UserNameDropdownLocation

Here is a quick example, edit the file:

\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\webfragment\system-user-nav-bar-sections.xml

and put the following example in next to the other web-item examples. Remember to adjust the weighting and change the value of section depending which part of the menu you want it to appear in. Restart Jira.

<!-- Link to company Confluence -->

<web-item key="view_conflink" name="View Confluence" section="system.user.options/jira-help" weight="25">

<label key="Confluence Site" />

<tooltip key="link to confluence" />

<link linkId="conflinkhelp">http://confluence.xxx.com</link>

</web-item>

You can also remove an item if you wish or change the values if you wish to modify it,

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2011

Thanks this is what I call answer..

other people answers in a line to get a point or they answer just to answer...

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2011

heheh, thanks Samir. You don't like to re-invent the wheel but I always think a good example helps. Some times a URL just isn't quite enough ;-)

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2011

Hi Matthew can you please check my other post.

I think you have the solution just have a look here

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/3872/how-do-i-remove-source-and-reviews-link

and please post your the solution ..thanks again

0 votes
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2011

how to amend and what to amend?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2011

You'll need to amend the code that is generating it

Suggest an answer