How to add or edit Todo list automation?

JS_NEO
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2024
I would like to automatically add items to the todo list when an issue is created or edited.
I'm trying to do it with an automation function, but I need a detailed method.

jira qa.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2024

Hi @JS_NEO 

Are you using any third-party Checklist/ToDo app?

I can recommend our Issue Checklist for Jira Pro, or a Free plugin that allows you to automatically add a checklist template whenever an issue is created, based on issue type using Default Templates.

This is how the Checklist looks like inside the issue view:

Checklist_DOD.png

Using the Default Templates function, you can automatically add defined checklist items to any issues whenever they are created.

I hope that clarifies your request. In case you have any other you can contact us through our Contact Center here.

Cheers!

Gracjan

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2024

Hello, Good day. Kindly let me know whether "Todo list" is a custom field ?

You can explore automation rule similar to below one.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.55.12 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.55.24 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.55.38 AM.png

Suggest an answer