How to add live link to Jira Service Desk form for customers.

Christian Stidham December 2, 2020

Hello. I just created a Jira Service Desk form that we want to use in our organization to help collect customer data. The idea is to post the link on our company website that will take users directly to the form so they can fill it out as needed. How do I accomplish this? 

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

The way JSM works is that you build the form inside the request. that form will be exposed in the portal so your customers would go to the JSM portal and click on the request type and fill in all the data in that form then click send. that’s how the tickets are opened.

0 votes
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

Hi @Christian Stidham  - will your users be logged into Jira?

If yes, you could give ProForma Lite a try. With Issue Forms you're able to link to a form that will automatically create Jira issues with all the data you want right away. Here's more on that feature:

Create Jira Issues from Forms

Let me know if that helps or it raises other questions.

Peter

PS: Full disclosure, I'm on Team ProForma

Suggest an answer