Hotovaga June 29, 2017

Hi, 

I'm using JIRA cloud. v1000.1092.0

I have 4 issues to create as default in the 'Create' tab:

Bug

Task

Story

Eipc.

I want to add Test Case in the 'Create' tab.

I tried going in into administration section and selected 'Add Issue Type' under 'Issue', creating and saving it, but it's not beinng shown in the 'create' tab!

If anyone knows the solution for this, please sahre and help.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2017

It sounds like you haven't added the issue type to the issue type scheme the project uses. To do that:

• Go to administration > Issues > Issue Type Schemes.
  • Find the scheme your project uses.
  • Associate the new issue type (Test Case) to the scheme.
0 votes
Hotovaga June 30, 2017

HI Alex,

I tried ad-on managemt and could not locate one.

I'll contact JIRA for an answer.

Will keep u posted.

Thanks agian.

0 votes
Hotovaga June 29, 2017

Thanks Alex.

I actuly did that already exactly the same way as you suggested. I didn't know that issue types have to be added in the project level individually.

Is there a way that I can have an issue type in the global setting?

Also, How do I add 'People' tab in the navigation bar, do you know by any chance?

Thanks again for your attention and kind response.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2017

Happy to help. There's no such thing as adding "an issue type in the global setting." Each project is assigned an issue type scheme. Some projects can share a scheme, but there's no way to tell JIRA to always include a single issue type in every scheme. You have to configure each scheme to include the issue type.

The closest thing to what you're looking for is to create one issue type scheme, then use that scheme across all projects. I don't know if that's practical for how you use JIRA, but it's an option.

I'm also not sure what you mean by the "People" tab in the navigation bar. Can you clarify what this means?

Hotovaga June 29, 2017

Hi Alex,

Thanks again.

I've seen a video on YouTube (posted most recently) where there is a tab titled 'People', and by clicking on that, the user gets a window populated showing the dev team (Devs and Testers) along with their shceduled work hours.

I believe I stumble upon it while searching for Agile Estimation resource online.

Thanks again.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2017

Sure, happy to help out!

Re: the "People" tab - it sounds like that might be part of an add-on for JIRA. There's nothing like that available by default in JIRA.

Suggest an answer