Please suggest me how I can add custom fields in the create screen to create issue email template?
Also I'm having around 50 custom fields in the create screen across all the eight issue types and want to know
1. whether I can add all these custom fields to create issue template or I need to use different template for each workflows?
2. If having single issue create template then all the custom fields will be show it in email or only value contains custom field will be visible in email?
3. I got that following parameter needs to be add for displaying the custom field in email, $issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_10150")
but where in create issue template I can place this kind of 50 parameter?
Many thanks in advance.
Sanu P Soman
You could always read the docs - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customising+Email+Content
For the other questions:
1) I don't think I fully understand the question. You can put the fields on the create screen for each individual project/issuetype, or groups, or you can use the same screen for everything. Up to you.
2) Either. The standard behaviour is not to include empty fields in emails, and that's what the docs cover, but you can override it if you want.
3) Again, I really don't understand the question. What is a "create issue template"? Do you mean the create screen? If so, then you add fields by their name, not custom field ID. If you don't mean the screen, then I'm utterly lost and you'll need to explain more.
I think you probably need to work through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens as well - that should guide you through the basics
Think of the createissue.vm as a template for creating the html. It will be read from top to bottom, one word or phrase at a time. If a phrase starts with a # velocity will see it as a directive (#if, #else, #foreach, #end etc), and if it starts with a $, velocity will see it as a variable to be output (either an actual variable, or the result from running some java). Everything else will come out as it is in the file.
So your line can go anywhere you want it to, but you'll probably want it in a specific place to make the email look nice - probably after, or between, the calls generating the other fields in the output. If in doubt, then simply bung it on the end of the file in your dev system, and then experiment with moving it!
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs