• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add an Emoji to a Shortcut? Edited

When adding or editing a shortcut in Jira cloud, the dialog box indicates, "Pro tip: Start your shortcut’s name with an emoji to customize its icon."

I can't figure out how to do this. I tried using the keyboard shortcuts like (?) and tried cutting and pasting an emoji, but no joy.

Anyone know how to actually do this?

Thanks.

1 answer

Same here, I want to make it clear to the project team what this link is for by putting an image there. 

image.png

I am able to copy emojis from here https://emojipedia.org/ and paste them into the Shortcut

Like # people like this

This worked for me, per Amanda's suggestion.

Interesting that a standard copy and paste of the image did not work at all.

How did you copy? I do not understand and tried a copy and paste of Link, file, right mousebutton. What did I forget?

@MI , first go to emojipedia.org and find your emoji. You then copy the emoji from that page (from their copy button) and paste it into the Jira text field. This works in Atlassian 👍🏽

Kaillin Thank you very much! I must have been blind! 🧱

Following Amanda's suggestion did not override the default shortcut icon

Like Brian Voss likes this

Agree with @Arvin Yorro , my expectation was that the icon added would replace the shortcut icon.  Pasting an icon into the Name box does not behave that way

EDIT:  Got this to work, but it only worked for Emoji that are included in the Unicode list https://emojipedia.org/unicode-6.0/

Like # people like this

On Windows 10, I just right click on the field and select Emoji. Not sure this applies to Mac users though.

2020-08-04_23-04-56.jpg

Like # people like this

Amazing never noticed that!!👌👍

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you