How to add a tab "Documents" in JIRA's main menu

Dmitry Budnik December 10, 2011

Hello,

Before we started using JIRA we've used redmine. It has a great feature: "Documents" tab in main menu. We use to store project documentation in that tab.

It would be awesome to have similar "tab" in jira. We have the confluence installed. I suppose there should be a way to show documents from the specific space?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2011

Hi Dmitry,

Would displaying Confluence gadgets on the JIRA dashboard work for you? Instructions on displaying Confluence content in JIRA are available at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+a+Confluence+Gadget+to+a+JIRA+Dashboard

I don't think it's quite as granular as you're looking for, but is more or less out of the box rather than development.

Andrew.

Dmitry Budnik December 11, 2011

Thank you Andrew!

It's not exactly what I was looking for, but much closer. :) I might add a space "Project documentation" and create a dociment for each projet.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2011
Dmitry Budnik December 11, 2011

Thank you for this answer.

I'm not sure that this is a good direction for us. I don't really want to create a new bycikle :). I'm I really the only PM who want's to have a fast access to the project documentation? :-/

I thought that there should be some "inbox" solutions...

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2012

Hi,

We just released Documents - a JIRA plugin that may fullyfill this request.

It adds a new tab to the project dashboard where you can post (upload) documents specific to that project. The documents you upload are stored in a sub-folder of JIRA attachments folder. Also, on this tab you can post links (URLs) to documents hosted by an external system such as Confluence or Google Docs or links to any other web pages or FTP locations.

Take a look here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stonikbyte.jira.plugins.project-docs-plugin

Danut.

Suggest an answer