How to add a new field to Jira sprint screen to capture additional attribute

pavan_kumar.adurthi July 8, 2020

There has been a request from the Scrum masters to extend the Jira sprint screen/object to capture additional attribute to aid with reporting on the teams sprint health.

An example includes being able to capture 'free text' documenting risks that are facing the team during a sprint.

Let us know if there is a feasibility to achieve this, or a workaround. Thank you !

2 answers

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2020

Hello @pavan_kumar.adurthi 

Check this documentation. Here are few steps to solve your issue:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-a-custom-field-938847222.html

I hope it helps!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2020

I'm afraid that document is about adding a custom field to an issue.  Not a sprint screen.

pavan_kumar.adurthi July 10, 2020

Thanks Mariana for looking into this. I am checking with Nic if there is any workaround as the requested feature is not available.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2020
pavan_kumar.adurthi July 10, 2020

Thank you Nic for the answer. Do you know if there is any workaround for this requirement?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2020

I would have said if I knew of a hack for adding something in there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events