How to add a field to columns displayed in a filter when column will not display

chad.balian October 24, 2019

I am trying to add Status field as a column in a filter. There are multiple status fields (the one I want is actually just called "Status" (no "). Because there are so many other types of status fields I am unable to display the one I want.

When adding a column and it says "X more options. Continue typing to define further" is there a way to display the missing columns? I can't type further because the full column name is Status.

Possibly a way with jql or something to specify a column by it's name or a starts with?

column = "status" or column starts with "status" ???

1 answer

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2019

Hi @chad.balian ,

Search an issue in Issue navigator where you have value for status field and then export this issue to CSV ( All fields ). Check the csv file for your field and value , copy the same field name and paste in column configuration,

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 11.58.19 PM.png

Hope this may help you in finding field.

Thanks,

Avinash

chad.balian October 28, 2019

Thank you for your response @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ However this method was not able to solve my issue. Here is what I did and results based on your recommendation:

1. Received a .csv copy of the file with ALL field names.

2. I copied the field name and pasted it in the column add section

----

Here is the issue I'm facing. Their are 80+ status fields, the name of the actual field I am trying to add the column for in my query is actually called Status. Hence it displays all the fields that 'include' status in the field name but I can't actually select the one I want because of it's alphabetical designation so far down on the list. ie Other status fields such as Activity Status, Approval Status, Application Status etc all go to the top. I CAN add any of these, until the display stops at about 10 status fields, and then I can not display anything below that.

----

So I need a way to actually get past the field restriction limiting the number of fields displayed. However, I am curious when you mention "column configuration" is that maybe an alternative location than the column locator I'm using? Alternatively perhaps there is a way to write a .jql query with the fields I want and have that output?

statuscolumn.jpg

Suggest an answer