How to add Acceptance Criteria Field in the Description

Kindle Scott May 21, 2018

Hello,

I would like to know how to add a custom field called "Acceptance Criteria" in the description within the issue detail?  This field should be an editable text field.

Thanks,

Kindle

7 answers

7 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2018

Hi @Kindle Scott,

Not sure if you found a solution, but in case you didn't - you might have a look at the table grid editor

It comes in 2 flavours - on cloud or on server.  Below is a screenshot of the cloud version.  This add-on comes with a whole array of features - such as predefined entries, drop down lists, import external data ...

2018-07-24_18-40-51.png

4 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2018

Hello @Kindle Scott,

As @Yogesh Mude explained, it is not a custom field presented on your screenshot. It is part of Description text with special formatting.

Take a look at the help page to learn how to add more than simple text to your description and comments

If you are on Jira Cloud, you might consider Issue Checklist Pro plugin or Issue Checklist Free provided by my company that adds a dedicated panel with real checkboxes. 

Issue Checklist allows to define a default checklist and add it automatically to every created issue. It also allows blocking the issue resolve if not all checklist items have been completed. 

Cheers,
Jack

John Coria November 1, 2018

This is getting a bit frustrating for these types of simple features. Nickel and Dime to death by Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
February 22, 2020

@John Coria, believe me, it is not a simple feature but a comprehensive app within a Jira with tens of features.

If you are still with Atlassian, you might want to try the free version though: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220209/issue-checklist-free

Thomas Gottmann March 24, 2020

Nice, ill check it out! looks promising!

Eishle April 10, 2020

Thanks, @Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]! Exactly what I needed!

2 votes
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

You cannot add it to the description, but you can add it.  We actually did this very thing.  In the admin console, we added a custom field called "Acceptance Criteria" to our project as a separate field which has already paid dividends.

You will have to create the field and then add it to the screens/pages/issue types you plan to use it for.

In your admin console, go to issues, the scroll down the left to Fields | Custom Fields.

Click add Custom Field

Select type (I'd recommend Text Field (Milti-line))

After it's created, it follows the basic Jira field rules. use the cog icon on the right  to Configure which issue types /projects it will belong to.  The again to set the placement on the specified screens you want to use, etc.AC field.jpg

2 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2019

Hi @Kindle Scott ,

have you found a good way of adding Acceptance Criteria? Probably one of the many checklists apps from marketplace could help you with achieving your goal.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jakub.

Kindle Scott April 8, 2019

Hello - 

Thank you, I did.  I was able to add as a new field in admin and assign to my chosen screen.  Thank you for checking.

-Kindle

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2018

You can try the following plug-ins

Make requirements, applicable at the current stage of project with Definition of Done, Acceptance Criteria, Definition of Ready

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216137/agility-checklist?hosting=server&tab=overview

Noemi Escutia April 22, 2019

Is this something that can only be done by admin?

1 vote
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2018

HI @Kindle Scott,

I don't think so you can add the Custom field in Description.

Why u'll not add this custom field to the Issue detail view instead of Description? 

Kindle Scott May 21, 2018

Hi thanks for the response.  I would like to add a custom AC field as in the attached screenshot.  Product wants to be able to indicate the user story in the description and break down the AC in the acceptance criteria field...

-KindleIMG_6346.PNG

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2018

Hi @Kindle Scott,

As you shown in earlier image i am not sure this could be the custom field they have been added to the Description.

Here are some instructions or possibilities that we can do in the description using formatting.

Might be they have been used Headings for AC field name and Notation (x) for information.

0 votes
Tamara Mash February 21, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events