• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to access remote issue links by smart values? Edited

I'm writing a rule to send Slack notifications with the 'Automation for Jira' add-on.

Unlike other issue fields, I can't get the remote links by smart values like '{{issue.key}}'.

Any walkaround to fix it without using a groovy script?  Thanks

1582101451801.jpg

1 answer

2 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Mar 05, 2020

Hi Louis,

You can use the issuelinks information in Automation, although as you discovered it's not as straightforward as just calling other fields. The issuelinks object is fairly nested, so you'll need to summon values farther down using the dot notation on the object. Here's an example of a message I was able to send to Slack for an issue with 3 issue links:
image.png

You'll notice the links are on two separate lines - there's a reason for that! Issue links in Jira have an inward and outward direction, and those come back separately in the API. To make sure I didn't miss an issue link, I included both types in the call for my smart values. Here's the message source for my example:

Issue {{issue.key}} is now for your review!
Links:
{{issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}

Hopefully that helps clear things up! Adding .inwardIssue and .outwardIssue to the issue.issuelinks smartvalue should get what you're after.

Cheers,
Daniel

Wow, I'll try it out right now. Many thanks.

Like Corentin Musart likes this

@Daniel Eads That's really cool. Is there a way to pull additional data from the issue link?  

For example, the name and URL of a web link.

Like # people like this

@Stephen Doyle  have you found a solution your question yet? 

Like Joe Sapinoso likes this

Hi @Daniel Eads , I tried your suggestion above in order to copy a field into another, but this was the result:
 2020-08-28 12_52_33-[IT-23311] Update ADCM-Hotfix jira fields - Atlassian JIRA and 6 more pages - Wo (1).png

Is there an adjustment you can recommend wherein the highlighted just shows the Ticket Name as opposed to the URL?

@JoeYou should be able to append the property to the string, like:

{{issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue.summary}}

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you