How to access DevStatus from JMCF

aedu March 15, 2019

hi,

i tried to access the details of pull request assigned to an issue.
the following code get an NPE ... any ideas?

import com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.api.DevStatusSummaryService

def devStatusSummaryService = getComponent(DevStatusSummaryService)
def pullRequestData = devStatusSummaryService.getDetailData(issue.id, "stash", "pullrequest", currentUser).get()

NPE:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getDetailData() on null object

thanks, adrian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019
aedu March 18, 2019

thanks for this link.

but at the end of the solution it's written: "I accessed everything i need through REST API". is there a way to call the REST API from JMCF with the credentials of current user?

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2019

Calling the REST API from a calculated field is really not a good idea, because it will have a significant impact on performance, especially during re-indexing.

It would be much better to ask Atlassian for the replacement API to the DevStatusSummaryService.

Mehmet Sari December 2, 2021

but still works with this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Access-development-information-from-groovy-script-runner-in/qaq-p/517778

def ccm = ComponentAccessor.getComponentClassManager()
def service = ccm.newInstance("com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DefaultDevStatusSummaryService")
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

def issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject("TEST-2")
def details = service.getDetailData(issue.id, "stash", "pullrequest", currentUser).right().get().getDetail()

Suggest an answer