How to a group to JIRA Administrators in global permissions

Sandy Pflugfelder March 6, 2018

I am trying to add a group to JIRA Administrators in Global Permissions but it's not working.  No groups are showing, even though I have many groups. 

I am going to System > Global Permissions and trying to add a permission:  Scrolling to the bottom (Add Permission), for Permission selecting "JIRA Adrministrators" but then for Group, nothing is accepted.  It defaults with "Anyone" but doesn't let me pick one of my groups.  How can I add a group to JIRA Administrators?

1 answer

0 votes
Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Hi Sandy,

Try typing the full name of the group you're trying to add, then it might show up. I've ran across this before, and it worked when I typed the whole name. 

Thanks for the reply; however, I tried that and it still comes up "No Matches."  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

I just tried it again, and it's working.  Earlier today, nothing in that list was appearing, and now, all groups appear.  Something must have been broken...  Thanks for the response.

Suggest an answer