How to Use Script Runner Auto Fill CF a Value Only when the CF Value is Empty

xinan liu June 2, 2015

I am using script runner to auto fill the CF a value through this way:

Edit the create transition's validator:

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Project Name'}
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, issue.projectObject.name)
issue.description != null

Then if we create a issue, the CF "Project Name" will be automaticly set to the Project's name.

But we want to do this.

Add the CF "Project Name" to create screen. If the user fill this CF with a value (such as "Internal") when create issue. Then the CF value will be set to "Internal".

If the user leave this CF blank, the CF value will be set to Project's name.

How to do this?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
xinan liu June 30, 2015

Is that my version of script runner does not support "Custom scription post-function" ?

My version of script runner is 2.1.17. Thanks Matheus!

image2015-6-30 18:2:40.png

0 votes
xinan liu June 3, 2015

Validator has the palce to write code in Simple script validator.

image2015-6-4 9:19:3.png

Script Post-Function has no place to write the code, is that I have to write the code in a file then put the file in JIRA server? And put the file path in "Script file path"?

image2015-6-4 9:19:16.png

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2015

Hi, Xinan Liu.

You probably want something like:

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

def cf = ComponentManager.instance.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Project Name")
def value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf);

if(value == null ){
	value = issue.projectObject.name
	issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, value)
}

Also, you should use this as a Script Post-Function rather than a validator as you are not validating the input, but rather post-processing it. 

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2015

I haven't actually tested this, but if it doesn't work it should at least show you the logic to complete this. :P

xinan liu June 3, 2015

Thanks very much! It works. I know this is a Script Post-Function, but I don't konw how to set this code in Script Post-Function, I can't find the palce to write my own code. See the picture at my answer.

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
June 4, 2015

When you navigate to the transition in the workflow, rather than selecting "Validators", choose the Post-Functions tab. You should see a "Add post-function" link on the right, which will allow you to choose "Script Post-Function". Then just select "Custom script post-function" and use the code you want. :)

xinan liu June 30, 2015

Thanks for your help, but I can not find the "Custom scription post-function", as you can see in my new reply.

Suggest an answer