How to Search for Issues with a Specific label

Jyothi Ravipati June 3, 2022

Hi Team,

I would like to search for Issues with a Label "Product_Blockers" . When I used the query - 

labels in ("Product_Blocker") AND updated >= -90d . It was displaying current Issues which hold that label.

But what I required is the total number of Issues passed by that Label, Like 

as once the product dependency is done, the product manager removes the label.
so if we want to know how many product manager dependency tickets we had in last 90 days…..we will miss the count.

Thank you in Advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

HI @Jyothi Ravipati ,

Getting historic data is possible, but not easy – certainly not in JQL queries. 

I would therefore recommend changing your process a bit, so that whenever the "Product_blocker" label is removed, a new label like "was_once_a_product_blocker" is added.

You could ask your product managers to do that manually, but I believe it will be better to use an Automation instead. That way, nobody has to change what they are doing today and you can simply use a JQL query like

labels in ("was_once_a_product_blocker")

Hope that helps,
 Oliver

P.S. As for setting up the Automation rule, I'd do it like this:

Trigger: Field value changed (label field)
Condition: Check {{fieldChange.from}} for the presence of the "Product_blocker" label
Action: Add the "was_once_a_product_blocker" label

I'm certain other approaches would work just as well. Happy labelling!

0 votes
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Hello,

Unfortunately this is currently not possible (see this ticket). Maybe you could use an additional status or a specific issue link to track these issues ? 

Jyothi Ravipati June 6, 2022

Hi @Antoine Berry 

How can I use Issue Link for this specific Use case and Found out Issues?

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hello @Jyothi Ravipati ,

I thought you could use an issue link like "Blocks" <-> "Is blocked by" to track the issues you want.

But you would not be able to retrieve them after deleting the issue link.

So maybe solution would be to use an additional status since you can track issues transitioned to a specific status during a specific period.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events