How to Provide Customers a Quote, Track Hours, then Invoice?

Deleted user February 26, 2019

Hi!

I would desperately love advice on the following pain point in our organization.

I need to find a better quoting -> tracking hours -> invoice process.

Currently, our engineers use JIRA to track their hours, but their we don't have a great way of providing our customers a quote for work they would like completed, have the customer approve the quote and then we start work on it.  Then, our accounting system is Intacct, so I'd love to be able to have everything integrate seamlessly.   

Also, we have non-engineers doing some billable hours on these projects who don't work in JIRA.  There are frequent miscommunications between the engineering and non-engineering teams on what has been invoiced and who worked on what.  

I am very open to paying for software, JIRA add-ins, etc. to solve this problem.

Our current process results in balls being dropped.

Please help!

Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 26, 2019

@[deleted] @Leonido Gebhard 

You can also try Clerk — Invoicing and Billing for Jira addon for invoicing clients based on time tracked in Jira, plus you can add any time that was tracked outside Jira manually for any invoice.

Since Clerk Invoicing was built exclusively for Jira, you don't need to use any external tool and make some export/import or set up integrations. What happens in Jira stays in Jira 😄

Plus you can use monthly reports to see what team time and projects are invoiced and what are not, no external tool can provide this extremely useful feature.

I'm the creator of this addon, it is the result of working around 15 years in service business and feeling the invoicing pain by myself. So please feel free to give any feedback or feature request!

Thanks!

ogimage.png

dennish_dcsorg_com February 3, 2020

Does this product have the ability to bill parts via a list that can be created or is it time only?

Like Anton Skorniakov likes this
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2020

@dennish_dcsorg_com hi! Yes you also can add any number of fixed price items to invoice where you put title and amount by hands.

Let me know if you will have more questions!

Thanks. Can a template be created to use (company logo, customer address, legal info, etc.)?

Also, is it only for JSD or can it be used in a non JSD Jira Cloud instance?

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
February 3, 2020

@dennish_dcsorg_com

We are currently working on many features and one of them is ability to add legal/any text info to any client and your company that is displayed on all invoices, it looks like on attached screenshot.

Adding your company logo is also planned in next versions. This feature is not taken into work now, but it is already in our backlog.

Clerk Invoices could be used not only for JSD, but for regular Jira.

Clerk Invoices.png

Ok, if you add the option to create a quote and some of those other features this could be exactly what I'm looking for. How does it get the customer names? We are looking for a quoting solution and this is as close as I've seen. We are also using Atlas CRM and if there is a chance you'd integrate with that for pulling customer info down the it's a winner (for us).

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
February 3, 2020

@dennish_dcsorg_com 

Currently you can manage clients in Clerk manually (create, edit, delete etc), see attachment.

And we plan to pull clients from other systems in future, like Jira Service Desk Organizations, Tempo Clients etc. And maybe some day we will integrate with Atlas if we will get more requests for this, now you are the only one.

Can you please explain in more details what kind of quotes do you make? What information do you place there? Maybe you could send a sample to look at. That will help us make next version work for you! You can write to anton@helloclerk.io

Thanks!  🙏

Clerk Invoices Clients.png

I can send an example over. I'd prefer to send via email. What address can I send it to?

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
February 3, 2020

@dennish_dcsorg_com sure, please send to anton@helloclerk.io

0 votes
Deleted user June 25, 2019

Thanks.  I ended up using Freshbooks (outside of JIRA) to do proposals and invoices for this.  The experience for our customers is far better.  Thanks!

0 votes
Leonido Gebhard June 25, 2019

I am using Timecamp App to track the hours within jira. With the paid version you can also invoice those directly (via the Timecamp portal). I am already using a CRM where I can invoice those hours (I just summarize the hours from timecamp for the specific task) so I basically just pay for jira :)

Leonido Gebhard June 25, 2019

timecamp.PNG

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
February 26, 2019

I have not worked with an integrated system however Tempo is very useful for being able to track hours against accounts.

Deleted user February 26, 2019

Thanks, Kat.  I will look into Tempo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events