How to JQL the following need?

KRC December 12, 2017

Hi Jira Family

My need is to come up with JQl so that i pull the following data.

project have subtasks. In subtask form, we have cascading custom field and in parent two of the cascading field, we have 4 options. Now i need jql so that it pulls parent tasks with subtask holding one of the options from cascading custom field.

My trys with no luck

issueFunction in hasSubtasks() AND project="ABC" and "cascading field" = "option" ORDER BY issuekey ASC

issueFunction in subtasksOf("project in ('ABC')")AND issuetype in ("Parent", "Sub-task")"  AND "cascadingfield" = "option" ORDER BY issuekey ASC 

Filter results should display parent and subtask and as I use issuekey to orderby, in default i get parent and issue id's..something like attached screenshotCapture.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Maybe this?

((project = ABC and issuetype = parent and issuefunction in hasSubtasks()) or (issueFunction in subtasksOf("project in ('ABC')")) AND "cascadingfield" = "option" ORDER BY issuekey ASC 

KRC December 13, 2017

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Your JQL goes 1 step ahead of what am looking for.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

I think your JQL query should look like this

(issueFunction in subtasksOf("project in ('ABC')") OR issuetype in ("Parent")) AND "cascadingfield" = "option"and project = "ABC" ORDER BY issuekey ASC

KRC December 13, 2017

Thank you Alexey, your query works as well. 

Suggest an answer