How to Integrate Jira with CA service desk?

Vijay George December 14, 2017

1. If a incident is created in CA service desk, then a corresponding task should get created in Jira.

2.  Any update done on Jira like assignment, comment logged etc. should be logged into CA service desk as a comment.

3. When ticket is closed in Jira, the status should be update in CA service desk as completed.

5 answers

1 vote
OpsHub November 15, 2020

Hi Everyone,

OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) supports bi-directional sync between Jira ServiceDesk and CA SDM out of the box. Comments, Attachments, Links, Relationships along with History can be synced between these systems. 

All the artifacts in both the tools are supported and the use case(s) outlined above can be easily implemented. For more information, please contact  sales@opshub.com

Thanks,

OpsHub Team

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Hello,

It is better to reconsider your requirements because you would need to develop lot's of code which you will have to mantain.

You can develop a plugin for it or use Adaptivist ScriptRunner to develop your custom scripts.

Vijay George December 14, 2017

So the plug-in can be created in the Jira side? Do you have any materials I can refer into for more details.

Bharath Kumar March 28, 2019

Hi Vijay ,

Have you found any Solution for this, we are looking for the similar functionality . it would be great help from your end if you provide any related info.?

Brad Peterson March 28, 2019

Hi Vijay, Bharath,

Developing custom scripts has its own challenges and  integration plug-ins don't always suffice the needs in the long run. Maintaining the scripts, keeping them up-to-date and working with each release of the integrated systems takes a lot of time and effort. Whereas, plug-ins might not offer scalability when you want to add more systems in your ALM dev space later.

I would suggest you to consider OIM, which is a comprehensive integration solution that will not only integrate Jira & CA SD; it will help you integrate over 50 more systems as and when you need. It’s an out-of-box integration solution which is easy to configure and needs zero maintenance at your end. Refer this link: https://www.opshub.com/integrations/ for use cases that will give you an insight into how OIM works.

Zhang_Guofan April 26, 2020

Hi Brad, but how's the cost like if were to use OIM?

Brad Peterson April 27, 2020

Hi Zhang,

Thank you for your interest in OpsHub solution. OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) is licensed based on number of unique users in the systems that is being integrated. Can you please send us an email at sales@opshub.com and someone from our Sales Team will set up a call to answer your questions/respond over emails.

0 votes
Klara Valkova September 17, 2019

I am interested in this topic as well. Did you find any solution? Actually, I need just "one way" integration, from CA SDM to Jira. 

misedd September 17, 2019

I leveraged on the REST APIs that Jira exposes and the SOAP APIs exposed by CA SDM, CA SDM also has REST. 

vinod vaddi November 15, 2020

Hi everyone

Bi-directional or unidirectional integration between jira service desk and ca service desk manager can be acheived by using a third party tool called kovair .

0 votes
misedd July 31, 2019

For more information on this you can contact me on misedd@gmail.com.

0 votes
misedd July 31, 2019

Hi VIjay,

DId you finally get a solution? Jira and CA expose REST apis you could easily use for your synchronization

Suggest an answer