It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to Integrate Jira with CA service desk?

1. If a incident is created in CA service desk, then a corresponding task should get created in Jira.

2.  Any update done on Jira like assignment, comment logged etc. should be logged into CA service desk as a comment.

3. When ticket is closed in Jira, the status should be update in CA service desk as completed.

4 answers

1 vote

Hello,

It is better to reconsider your requirements because you would need to develop lot's of code which you will have to mantain.

You can develop a plugin for it or use Adaptivist ScriptRunner to develop your custom scripts.

So the plug-in can be created in the Jira side? Do you have any materials I can refer into for more details.

Hi Vijay ,

Have you found any Solution for this, we are looking for the similar functionality . it would be great help from your end if you provide any related info.?

Hi Vijay, Bharath,

Developing custom scripts has its own challenges and  integration plug-ins don't always suffice the needs in the long run. Maintaining the scripts, keeping them up-to-date and working with each release of the integrated systems takes a lot of time and effort. Whereas, plug-ins might not offer scalability when you want to add more systems in your ALM dev space later.

I would suggest you to consider OIM, which is a comprehensive integration solution that will not only integrate Jira & CA SD; it will help you integrate over 50 more systems as and when you need. It’s an out-of-box integration solution which is easy to configure and needs zero maintenance at your end. Refer this link: https://www.opshub.com/integrations/ for use cases that will give you an insight into how OIM works.

Hi VIjay,

DId you finally get a solution? Jira and CA expose REST apis you could easily use for your synchronization

For more information on this you can contact me on misedd@gmail.com.

I am interested in this topic as well. Did you find any solution? Actually, I need just "one way" integration, from CA SDM to Jira. 

I leveraged on the REST APIs that Jira exposes and the SOAP APIs exposed by CA SDM, CA SDM also has REST. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

973 views 10 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you