How to Enable relative dates in issues updated column?

michael May 2, 2019

I'm seeing explanations on how to disable relative dates for the server install, but I'd like to know how to enable them on the cloud please: (screenshot)

relative_dates.png

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2019

Hello Michael,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to set relative or absolute dates on JIRA Cloud. It follows a determined rule depending on which date field and what is the issue view you are using.

We have a feature request that gives a good example of one of the rules on its description, created to add the ability to set the relative date preferences here:

Configure Relative Date Display Preferences

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you still have any questions. :)

michael May 7, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Thanks for the reply and the link.  In the linked issue it says "...JIRA uses relative dates for the first 7 days,..." but for me it only ever shows fixed dates.

Since there is no comment count either it makes it very difficult to understand when a tracker has been updated.

eg:

* tom: adds a comment tracker shows updated 05/05/19

* michael replies: tracker shows updated 05/05/19

if it read "2 min ago" or had the comment count understanding it had been updated would be clearer.

So even relative dates on the UPDATED column for the first 7 days would fix my issue.  How to turn on the relative dates for the first 7 days to match the structure in the linked issue please?

Suggest an answer