How to Deactivate Users in Cloud who never login last 60 days ?

venkatesh reddy June 23, 2020

Hello,

I have a requirement to identify inactive users in my cloud jira instance from past 60 days and need to delete them from jira instance.

Anyway to achieve this!!

Thanks in advance

venky  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2020

Hello @venkatesh reddy

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, Jira does not have a functionality to easily identify the users that didn't have logged in the application over a specific amount of time and delete it. We understand how this functionality would be useful to better manage your site licenses, so we created the following feature request to get this implemented:

Delete inactive user based on activity 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, the only way to identify the users that have not logged in the application for a specific amount of time would be by checking the Last activity field in the user management section:

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 17.15.18.png

P.S: You can also export your users to a CSV file (Option at the top-right corner of the User management page), so you will be able to order by the last activity date and easily identify the users you need.

Once you do it, you can manually delete the users as you need. If you want to delete them in a bulk operation, you can use one of the options below:

1. Create a script using Jira REST API endpoint to delete the users. P.S: Notice this is an experimental REST API, so it might change at any moment.
  2. Use a third-party plugin from Atlassian Marketplace, as Bulk User Delete for Jira.

Let us know if you have any questions.

venkatesh reddy June 26, 2020

Thanks for your response

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2021

@Petter Gonçalves are there any REST APIs that can be used to retrieve information like last activity date? I'm comfortable with scripting a solution but I cannot find out how to determine that specific information.

Thanks.

Like 加藤 豪 likes this
0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2021

Hi @Philip Colmer ,

There is no REST API but there is the export CSV functionality as in the below screenshot.

exportUsers.png

Or as an alternative you can try Manage Users for Jira Cloud app developed by our team. It lists all users then you can search and sort them by name, last activity date. You can activate/deactivate users individually or in bulk. Hope it helps.

manage-users-for-jira.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events