It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to Create Branch automatically in transition?

I would like to be able to create a branch using the same name as the JIRA issue on Bitbucket. The creation of such branch shall happen, when there is a transition from A->B. Such states (A and B) are already defined in my Workflow, but the builtin triggers, does not allow me to perform such task.

Am I missing something or do I need to do it, in a different way

3 answers

Any one?  I do not think I am the only person that requires this type of functionality 

0 votes

Hi @daniel,

welcome to the community.

The workflow triggers are for triggering transitions inside Jira and not for triggering actions when a transition happens. You should rather have a look at post-functions.

I don't know of any out of the box creation, but you could create a branch via a script where you call Bitbucket's REST API.

Just to make sure - you know about the development panel in the Jira issue view to create a branch from there, right? 

development-panel.png

Cheers,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you