How to Create Branch automatically in transition?

Daniel July 9, 2019

I would like to be able to create a branch using the same name as the JIRA issue on Bitbucket. The creation of such branch shall happen, when there is a transition from A->B. Such states (A and B) are already defined in my Workflow, but the builtin triggers, does not allow me to perform such task.

Am I missing something or do I need to do it, in a different way

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel July 14, 2019

Any one?  I do not think I am the only person that requires this type of functionality 

Renan Pereira April 7, 2021

Yes I want it too, but still having trouble to make this setup with GitHub Actions.

0 votes
Straumann Group January 15, 2020

+1

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2019

Hi @Daniel,

welcome to the community.

The workflow triggers are for triggering transitions inside Jira and not for triggering actions when a transition happens. You should rather have a look at post-functions.

I don't know of any out of the box creation, but you could create a branch via a script where you call Bitbucket's REST API.

Just to make sure - you know about the development panel in the Jira issue view to create a branch from there, right? 

development-panel.png

Cheers,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer