How to Copy old value when Due date is changed on an Issue

Rasajna Meka May 11, 2023

How to Copy old value when Due date is changed

I want to track both Old and new dates

2 answers

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Rasajna Meka 

You can see the "due date" changes on a single issue level while opening each issue: Activity → History.

If you need a general report for the list of issues, I can suggest Issue History for Jira from my team. It will provide the information you need. You can filter issues by numerous options: project, sprint, assignee, date range, etc. And by the person who made the changes.

Add the "due date" to the table columns, and you will get a report like this:

due date changes in jira.png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Rasajna Meka , you can use the history to see if the date changed. However if you want to be able to see both in the view I recommend the following approach.

create two Date fields (or one if you are currently using an existing field). One of the date field can be the "plan" the other the "replan". Then you have the resolution date as the actual. So you end up with the traditional- Plan, Forecast, Actual dates.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events