How to Automatically Assign an Issue to a User When Current Assignee Doesn't Respond In Time?

Kashif Saleem January 2, 2019

Hi I have the following requirement:

a. When a jira issue is handed over, assignee changes and there is an email notif.
b. There is an expectation for a response within a defined time period
c. If there is no response, the assignee automatically changes to another user and there is an email notif. Go to (b)

Any ideas how this can be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2019

I would set up an SLA and when it breaches assign to another person then reset the SLA. The automation to reassign will depend on your details, e.g. how many different agents are you dealing with. As well, if you wanted to do round-robin assignment I don’t think that is possible.

Kashif Saleem January 2, 2019

Thanks @Jack Brickey but unfortunately i can't use JIRA Service Desk. Can you think of another way?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019

My apologies. I don’t know why but I was thinking Jira service desk when I was answering this question. I would suggest looking at an addon application such as Automation for Jira or Power Scripts. The only suggestion I would have within and addon would be manual via a filter subscription that runs say hourly and reports overdue issues.

Suggest an answer