How to Auto set Resolution when closing an issue?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

Hi all.

With the workflow we have, each jira issue has its own workflow.

When a tester wants to transition a Story from IN-TESTING to DONE, they have to click on the 'Close Story' button. This is also the name of the transition.

In the post-function from In-Testing to Done, I set the following:

1. The Resolution of the issue will be set to Done.

However, the 'Resolve Issue Screen' pops-up during the transition and I must select the resolution manually.

Is there a way to have the post-function automate this for me?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

Hello @Fazila Ashraf

Just remove the transition screen from the transition and in this way only the post-function will set the resolution and users will not see the transition screen.

See here as to how you can access resolution screen https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mapping-a-screen-to-a-workflow-transition-720634253.html

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

Hi @Gil

You can remove the resolution field from the transition screen and that value will be auto set with the post function

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

I would not recommend to removed the resolution field from the Resolve Issue Screen, since it might be used in some other workflow.

Remove the screen completely, or use a screen without the resolution field. Than add an "Update Issue Field" postfunction in order to set the Resolution

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2018

Hi @Gil

If you don’t require the resolution screen for anything else then you can change the transition to have no screen.

Suggest an answer