How the Agile charts are calculated?

S August 26, 2013

Hi all!
I've looked through the Help, and it describes the Guide and other lines on the Charts in general terms. I'd like to know is how these are calculated.
For instance, is the Guide line calculated by the Story Point or Original Estimate fields that are populated on the stories assigned to the Version (sprint) in the filter BY THE DATE the sprint starts? No adjustments for estimates populated on Day 1 or when the task is taken up by a developer.
Is the Burndown based only on the Story Points, not including any Tasks that are not linked or sub-task to a Story?

Can you direct me to anything that gives more detail about how the Agile charts are calculated?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2013

Hi Serge

I believe the following blog post will give you a very comprehensive and detail explaination on this

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/09/agile-qa-greenhopper-time-estimates-with-sub-tasks/

However it will be quite a lengthy article, please do spend some extra time to read through it :)

0 votes
S August 29, 2013

Hi Daryl!

Yes, looks like that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Many thanks!

Suggest an answer