It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How should a JIRA Admin enable Classic project creation option

I need to create a project in classic format and how should I enable the project settings so that Project admin can create classic project

1 answer

1 vote

Hello,

Only Jira administrators can create classic projects. If you want a user to be able to create a classic project, this user must be a Jira administrator.

Thanks for your quick response. Could you please share the steps to create a Classic Project by a JIRA admin ?

You can find here how to create a project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-editing-deleting-and-hiding-projects-844500729.html

When you choose the create project option you will have two choices: next-gen project and classic project. If you are not a Jira administrator, then you will have only the next-gen option.

Like Jacob Doyle likes this

Thanks much.

Hi, seems i do not have the option to choose and was directed to NEW-Gen right away.

anyone can help?

From what I read on the other forums, JIRA took Classic Projects away from everybody and only JIRA Admins can create Classic Projects. Other users can only create Next Gen projects. 

To me this is a TERRIBLE decision, because for me (the JIRA Admin) I now have to create projects for everybody because the Next Gen projects do not have the features my PM needs. It's great that Roadmaps was done first because that's going to be an awesome feature, but when 7/10 features are not ported over they should only ask Early Adopters to trial Next Gen projects and leave everyone else to be middle market. 

Like mengyun_wu likes this

I agree with you, I now have to field requests daily from the rest of my team to create and manage projects for them. This is SUPER ANNOYING and has tripled my workload almost overnight! 

PLEASE REVERT IT BACK! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you