How remove incorrect notifications in the mobile jira application?

Hello!

I have an example that the notification in the Jira Mobile application is different from the desktop Scheme Notification in the project.
I changed the assignee in the issues, but an issues update notification was send. The event Issue Update in Scheme Notification is empty.
Why we receive a notification in the mobile application?

photo_2020-04-13_18-17-41.jpgScreenshot_13.png

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hi @Екатерина Соколова,

I understand that your Jira server mobile app users are getting some notifications that are not defined by the project notifications scheme.  The mobile app manages notifications independently from the notifications scheme applied within that project.  As such the mobile app is technically behaving as designed.

However we acknowledge that many Jira administrators might have an expectation to be able to control these notifications that end users received.  To that end we created this feature request over in JRASERVER-70965.   I recommend that all users that want this ability, please vote on this issue. This can help our development teams prioritize new features and bug fixes.

In the meantime, the mobile app end user has control over the notifications they receive.  Mobile app users can manage their notifications in the settings of the Jira server mobile app.

Regards,

Andy 

Thanks for the detailed answer! I have voted on this issue)

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2020

I replied on that thread.

1 vote
Camilo Porto
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2020

First question, what version are you using: Jira Cloud or the on premise/hosted one?

I'm supposing you are using Jira Cloud. If not, disregard my comments below.

I was wondering if you can try just updating a field in an issue (like, updating a description), rather than changing the assignee.

When you change the assignee field, I think what you are firing is actually an issue assigned event (rather than an issue updated). OK, you are effectively updating an issue, but in this is case is a more specific event. And your notification scheme have recipients set to issue assigned events.

Thus, for me it makes sense to receive notifications if you change assignees. I would try updating a normal field (like the description field) and check if you receive a notification. In this case, I would expect no notifications to be sent.

A different problem might be occurring though (and I'm curious about it). Given that you are suppose to receive notifications because you changed the assignee (and you have notifications scheme set for this event), you should receive notifications in the mobile app, via email and in the notifications bell inside Jira.

We are using Jira Server v8.7.1 :)
Notifications in application were about updates issues, but not about changes of assignee.

Maybe it's because of push-notifications that were sent in application?

Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2020

Hi!, I am managing Jira Cloud but I sent a message to the Server team to check on this question :) 

I'm sorry and thanks! :)

0 votes
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2020

Hi!, Just a quick question. Did you receive email notifications too?

Hi! I don't think so.

0 votes

Also incorrect notification:
Screenshot_14.pngphoto_2020-04-14_11-35-44.jpg

Suggest an answer