• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How many projects do we have?

I have been asked to report on the number of projects we have in Jira.

I searched for this topic, and the only directions were to SYSTEM INFO, which does not look like my Cloud Jira panel.

In Jira Cloud, I just want to know how many projects exist. How? There does not seem to be a way to report on this, which is... odd.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 27, 2021

Hi Jeff,

yes, it seems that there is no nice overview is existing currently.

You could query via REST API (also in your browser a quite good overview is returned) like:

https://YourGreatSiteName.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/project/search

In my example it gives me a total of 12 projects, which is correct (please note that the number can show wrong results if the requesting user is restricted for one or more projects):

grafik.png

More information about the endpoint is here:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-projects/#api-rest-api-3-project-post

In case you don't want to do that I'd copy out the list of projects and insert it in a spreadsheet and count lines - all in all not the greatest solution but the nearest you can get.

Cheers,
Daniel

Thank you for your reply. I think that got me the answer using REST, though I did the cheapo browser window read rather than a REST client. 

"total":187,"

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you