How is timesheet plugin subscription job run without TIMESHEET_SUBSCRIPTION job?

Ana May 18, 2016

We had a user subscribe to a timesheet report.  After user left, I removed his subsription via Admin --> Add-ons --> Timesheet Subscriptions.  I can see that the subscription row has been removed from the AO_E24DEA_TIMESHEET_JOB_CFG table.

However, the jira.timesheet.plugin.job.TimesheetJob job still runs via scheduler and fails daily with "Timesheet Job Configuration not found2" (2 being the ID of the subscription row that was removed).

Leaving aside the question of why the scheduler hasn't been cleaned up properly as part of removing the subscription, I am struggling to understand where this job is kicked off and where this parameter is passed.

It was mentioned on the Timesheet Bitbucket site that one would need to delete from qrtz_job_details where job_name = 'TIMESHEET_SUBSCRIPTION'.  However, that table does not have a TIMESHEET_SUBSCRIPTION job.  It only has 1 row for SEND_SUBSCRIPTION job, which I'm lead to believe is limited to filter subscriptions.

I cannot find anything off-hand in any scheduler tables that is kicking off this timesheet job or passing the ID that's been removed.

Could someone let me know how this is hanging together behind the schenes please so that we can clean it up manually and get rid of the error?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Ana May 26, 2016

According to Atlassian, the Quartz scheduler is no longer used in JIRA 7.1 (although the corresponding tables are not dropped or even truncated as part of the upgrade).  The 'clusteredjob' table is used instead.  Cleaning that one out against timesheet and filtersubscription tables does the trick of failing jobs for non-existing entities disappearing from being scheduled.

Suggest an answer